There are some things in life you can’t skimp by on, and your lawn care is one of them. When it comes to your lawn care service, it’s better to maintain it properly to save money in the long run. Your Bergen County lawn deserves regular care and maintenance in order to keep it looking its best and save you from having to replace in the future.
As a Bergen County landscaping company, we’ve seen a lot of scenarios, and many aren’t attractive. When you leave your outdoor space entirely up to Mother Nature, you’ll end up having to spend a lot more money into your yard down the road. Even if you’re not planning on keeping your home for more than a few years, your yard will need to look decent if you plan to sell or rent your home. A nice lawn adds curb appeal and value, two factors that are crucial in today’s unpredictable market.
Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can maintain your yard for little cost, ensuring that you save yourself from having to put major work into your lawn in the future.
Lawn care services for a healthy property include:
– Pest control
– Tree trimming
– Ornamental Tree & Shrub Pruning
– Lawn Mowing
– Leaf blowing
– Irrigation Systems -Watering
As you can see, these basic tasks cost very little but can really bring your yard a long way. If you want to prevent insects and rodents from damaging your yard, keep on top of tree trimming, weeding and mulching. Ensure that there are no leaves blocking your gutters. You will be saving your home from experiencing major problems down the road. You’re also keeping your landscaping in suitable condition as well as the outside premises safe. If your budget allows, you can plant some flowers, add stonework or install an irrigation system.
“Lawns are the foundation of landscapes, but their benefits extend far beyond backyard fun and aesthetics. They serve vital functions — capturing pollutants, producing oxygen and cooling homes — that positively impact our communities and the environment at large,” says Missy Henriksen, vice president of public affairs, NALP. “Understanding the best ways to care for lawns allows homeowners to maximize the full spectrum of benefits and improve the overall health of their landscapes.”
According to National Association of Landscape Professionals:
- Lawns trap more than 12 million tons of dust and dirt annually. (The Lawn Institute)
- Turfgrass, like that found in our lawns, is much cooler than asphalt or cement, acting as an “air conditioner” for the surrounding area. Lawns can be 22 degrees cooler than urban asphalt “heat islands.”
- Healthy turfgrass has many miles of fibrous roots that hold soil and filter rainwater. (National Arboretum Grass Roots Project) A single grass plant can have more than 300 miles of roots.
- It is estimated that a 50 by 50 foot lawn (2,500 square feet), releases enough oxygen for a family of four, while absorbing carbon dioxide, hydrogen fluoride, and perosyacetyle nitrate.
- Research has found that people find stress relief and healing when interacting with nature. Even when just viewing nature on a computer screen or through a window. (Nature Sacred.org)
Horizon Landscape offers a complete range of New Jersey lawn and landscape maintenance services tailored to keep your landscape looking its best. We offer both residential and commercial lawn maintenance services. All the benefits of a healthy lawn are best experienced with the investment of proper care and maintenance.
Contact Us to schedule a complimentary assessment of your property by one of our lawn maintenance experts.
Please visit our portfolio page to view our work.