Sprinkler System Service
Service, Maintenance & Repairs
Even a well-maintained sprinkler system needs service and repair from time to time.
For sprinkler system maintenance or repair Horizon provides superior service. Regular maintenance is important to protect your investment in both the system itself and your landscaping.
We can examine your sprinkler system and make any necessary repairs or adjustments to ensure it’s in top condition and operating efficiently. We service all major brands.
We offer a number of sprinkler service plans including Spring Start Ups and Winterizing. We offer Basic and Standard plans to ensure that your system is checked and maintained to run efficiently. Premium plans are also available to our full service maintenance clients.
Sprinkler service may still be performed on a per-service basis if a contract option is not right for you. The goal for any sprinkler system is to ensure it meets the needs of your landscape at varying times during the watering season and it is designed to minimize water usage.
System Openings - Spring Start-Ups
Properly starting up your sprinkler system in the spring is essential to prevent problems that may develop and to make certain that it is functioning correctly. The system should be evaluated and necessary adjustments should be made to accurately and efficiently use and conserve water. We recommend starting up your sprinkler system between mid-April and mid-June.
Our spring start up service includes:
- Charge the main lines and backflow
- Check the system for leaks and irrigation coverage
- Inspect and check performance of all valves and sprinkler heads and make adjustments as needed
- Make necessary repairs to properly open the system. Verify integrity of controller
- Program for spring run times based on turf and landscape requirements. Inspect and test rain sensor for proper operation
Summer checkups are recommended to evaluate the need for repairs and ensure the system is functioning correctly.
- Inspect system for leaks and any loss of pressure
- Check sprinklers and nozzles for proper irrigation coverage
- Re-program timer for summer run times
- Check rain sensor for proper operation
- Evaluate coverage to lawn, beds, and shrubs and make recommendations for improvements
- Ensure that performance is optimal for summer
The mid-summer checkup brings us back to check on your sprinkler system when it’s working the hardest, and when your lawn needs it the most.
Your sprinkler system needs to be winterized before the cold weather comes to prevent the water inside the system from freezing and cracking the pipes, valves and sprinkler heads. Because the repairs from freeze damage can be very costly, we recommend that you have your system winterized by a NJ State licensed irrigation professional.
As temperatures start to drop, winterizing your sprinkler system – removing water from the pipes, back flow device, valves and sprinkler heads is essential before freezing occurs. It’s the best way to protect your irrigation investment from potentially serious damage in winter.