Outdoor Kitchen Designs
Outdoor kitchens in New Jersey are becoming very popular, and for good reason. With an outdoor kitchen, your home will increase in value and sell easier in the future. You will also build many memories as your home becomes a hub for impromptu get-togethers, summer holidays and barbecues.
The best outdoor kitchen designs are as functional as an indoor kitchen, as welcoming as a living room, and as entertaining as a family room. Choosing the appliances for your outdoor space is actually easier than for traditional kitchens because you don’t have the same limitations. The space is more open, and you can start from scratch, meaning that you don’t have to work around existing appliances, counter-tops and walls.
To get started, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What seasons do I want to be able to cook and entertain?
- What types of foods do I want to cook?
- How frequently do I plan on using the appliances?
- Do I want a grill that runs on gas, charcoal or both?
- Do I want stainless steel appliances? Black? Colored?
- Is ventilation a concern? Will I need a ventilation system installed?
- How much space do I have to work with?
- How much room do I need for food preparation, serving beverages, etc?
- Do I want to save electricity and water with energy efficient appliances?
- Are there extra features I want, such as a warming drawer or beverage cooler?
Outdoor kitchens are very personal, so you can build one that meets your needs entirely. While an indoor kitchen has the standard refrigerator, stove and sink, outdoor kitchens vary. By answering the above questions, you can get a better idea of what appliances will best meet your needs. Don’t forget to factor in the space you have available, as well as your budget.
Appliances for your outdoor kitchen
- Warming drawers
- Pizza ovens
- Wet bars
- Wine storage
Keep in mind that you can add to the kitchen over time. You can start with a basic grill, refrigerator and counter space and add an outdoor fireplace and seating area in the future. Adding Outdoor lighting will not only extend your time outside, it offers safety for walkways, staircases and grilling areas. With a blank palette, you can finally have the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted.
Call Horizon Landscape in Bergen County, New Jersey to speak to our award winning team of designers, planners, and installers. From concept to completion, Horizon’s landscape design staff can balance project requirements and your budget to produce beautiful results.